Wine Quote of the Week
"Days of wine and roses laugh and run away,
Like a child at play"
Like a child at play"
Monday, April 27, 2009
10 Good reasons to visit Perpignan in May
1. Take part in a wine tour and go behind the scenes to meet the winemakers and vineyard owners. A suberbe day out :
2. On the 16th May, la "nuit des musées" is on all over France and the museums open up their doors for free. With a wealth of interesting museums here to visit; the museum of natural history, the doll museum, the aviation museum, the Algerian French museum, there is something for everyone
3. If you' re feeling sporty, the 4th annual marathon of Perpignan takes place on the 31 May with the option to do the full distance or shorter courses of 10 and 20 kms
4. Live Music - come and see Ousa Nouvasa , an original band from Ile de la Réunion playing at 21h at Elmediator in Perpignan.
5. Tailor make a tour to suit your group - we can organise sailing tours, walking tours, adventure tours, gourmet tours; we have the contacts and we speak the lingo - contact us to organise a great day out for you. http://www.thefrenchtourco.com/
6. The Flamenco Festival takes place in Banyuls Sur Mer from 21 to 24 May ~ featuring some hot international acts, the town gets ready to rumba!
7. May is a great month to get bargains on your accommodation here - with the mercury starting the rise, uncrowded beaches and the countryside to yourself , it's a great time to visit - check out http://www.fab-po.com/ for special offers
8. Visit UBU La Suite , the funkiest bar in Perpignan, run by Irish girl, Elaine Carruthers. With live music regularly and a very laid back atmosphere, you are gauranteed a warm welcome. She also has the most amazing designer clothes shop alongside her cool bar.
UBU La Suite, Place Rigaud, Perpignan
9. For cheese lovers - the cheese festival in Thuir kicks off at 9am on Sunday 3 May in Place de La Republique . An opportunity to meet the cheesemakers from the region and to taste their yummy produce
10. Motorcycle tour - contact us about our new motor bike tours. Day or week long excursions through the Pyrenees.